Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bell Ringer! Apr. 25, 2013

At a middle school in New Jersey, the principal has banned all formal dresses that do not have some form of shoulder straps. She believes the strapless dresses are too "distracting to the boys," and that they may become too "inappropriate while dancing." Many parents are upset on this matter, because their big end of the year mini prom/dance is coming up and many parents have already bought their daughters a dress to wear. I can see why the parents are upset, I would be too, and I don't think strapless dresses should be banned, because that should be up to the parents and the students as to what they want to wear...within reason. I can see banning all see-through dresses or something like that, but not just a strapless dress, come on. I hope the ban gets lifted and that every girl comes to the dance in a strapless dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment